From a throne room, seated at the right hand of the Majesty From On High, to a stable as smelly as the sin debt He is to cancel.
A Dayspring! A light coming to the darkness...the darkness does not understand (comprehend it) and rejects Him! John 1 EVER BEEN AFRAID OF SOMETHING THAT WAS GOOD FOR YOU? EVER REFUSED TO DEAL WITH SOMEONE WHO WAS THERE JUST TO HELP YOU? EVER DECLINE LOVE FROM THE PERSON WHO REALLY LOVED YOU AND END UP WITH THE ONE WHO DIDN'T?
A STAR, A BRIGHT AND MORNING STAR is what He is called. It is a star that leads the three to Him. If you want something done right, sometimes you have to do it yourself. Remember the angel at the tomb 'He is not here, He is risen', but when Mary comes, He is readily identified as Rabbi, but He tells her not to cling to Him?! After all Pharoah tried to wipe out Moses at birth, Herod is after the Saviour. LOOKS LIKE THE BEST GPS IS TO LET YOUR LITTLE LIGHT SHINE, SHINE, SHINE!
He came that we would be 'saved from our enemies, and from the hand of those who hate us. To perform the mercy promised...' Luke 1:71-72 Job 38:13-14 says that the Dayspring is here to disperse and destroy, shatter, the darkness. In fact, this little Christ child is gonna grab hold of the ends of the earth and pop it like a sheet, shaking the wicked out of it.
This Christ child is the signet ring from the hand of the Father, like the notary seals what it does with wax or an embosser. Job 38:14. EVERY PROMISE OF GOD IS YEAH AND AMEN. CHRIST SAID HIS MEAT IS TO ACCOMPLISH THE WILL OF HIM THAT SENT HIM AND ON THE CROSS HE CRIES OUT 'IT IS FINISHED!' OUR SALVATION IS SIGNED, SEALED, DELIVERED STEVIE WONDER.
The wicked don't want Him...the people where Legion was delivered asked Him to leave, the blind man was cross-examined about the One who healed him, only one leper came back to say thanks, Mary and Martha accused His delay of resulting in Lazarus death....nothing but INGRATITUTDE AND THEY ALWAYS SOUGHT TO KILL HIM. Luke 7. Since the wicked don't want the Dayspring, His light is withheld from them. Job 38:15 AND not only does His right hand and holy arm get Him the victory Isaiah 63, he breaks the arms of the enemies...the upraised arm Job 38:15, the uppity arm of satan Isaiah 14.
So next time you think of the manger, peep into a baby basket and get ready to cooh and kiss it, think of the Christ Child:
- sentence of death on Him from birth... a 'sword will pierce her (Mary's) own heart'
- crowned with thorns and blood running down His cheeks, yet He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords
- when you grab His little hands, look for the nail prints that secured our deliverance and prosperity
- when you tickle and kiss His little feet, remember they were pierced to lead us in the path of righteousness
- when you go to lift Him, be gentle, His side will be pierced, water and blood will flow out washing us and decreeing our kinship as sons and daughters because His blood shall sprinkle many nations
- shed genuine tears when you hold His back, beaten raw ...wounded for our transgressions, bruised for our iniquities...BY HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED.
- You won't wipe milk from His darling mouth, His meal is death which He tasted for all of us, but you can remove the spit they thought was His do
oh, you say, that was the crucifixion...HE WAS BORN TO DIE... that's why the gifts of frankincense and myrrh!
IF YOU GET NOTHING FOR CHRISTMAS, YOU HAVE ALREADY GOTTEN MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER NEED IN JESUS!!!